Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Teamspeak

Porch
Front Door - Misc Gaming
Room 1
Barabas
Fluffy
Michael.:LLS:.
Room 2
SiX
Room 3 - Low Bitrate
Room 4 - Minecraft
EvE Online
Space Engineers
Guild Wars 2
Shame Cave - LoL
Basement
Discipline Dungeon
Cookie's Bedroom/Studio
Kitchen - (anti social)
Music
Back Door
I need to use PTT
TeamSpeak Monitor by TSViewer.com
TeamSpeak queried in 0.424 seconds

Shoutbox

Last 10 Shouts:

Blue_Skunk

October 23, 2018, 23:41:00
Steam sales:

Halloween Sale is from October 29th to the 1st of November

Autumn Sale is from November 21st to the 27th

Winter Sale is from December 20th to January 3rd

Blue_Skunk

May 10, 2018, 18:31:41

Lucifer

January 26, 2018, 12:24:09
Possibly, but I'm not the creative sort, I try to make other peoples ideas work. And the last 2 times, people went "can you not just keep it mostly the same" ;)

dios

January 26, 2018, 11:28:31
With respect, isn't time you updated this website?

Lucifer

January 24, 2018, 20:53:24
Bah, installing upgrades may have broken the admin section. Hope nothing else is borked meantime

RIVIT3R

December 25, 2017, 02:45:57
merry whatnot :)

RIVIT3R

December 19, 2017, 00:39:26
ruin all the fun :)_

Lucifer

October 26, 2017, 18:12:41
why ?

RIVIT3R

October 22, 2017, 23:24:04

Fluffy

October 20, 2017, 11:13:32

Show 50 latest
17 Guests, 0 Users

Ads by Google

Author Topic: Images on forum front  (Read 20516 times)

Offline dios

• Regular
  • Only the mediocre are always at their best.
Re: Images on forum front
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2009, 20:08:45 »
well google adsense says they have banned the site for five years if I attempt to display their adverts they will show charity adverts that don't earn money. I have been to ther advertising companies like adbrite but theuy have a different system wher people bid to advertise on your site and you share the value of the bide 70 them 30% us. but no one wants us because we arent busy enough.

If anyone has any ideas please do not be shy. Just to point out as well that Fluffy has control of this domain now.

Offline Maastrich

• LLS Member
  • Regular
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 21:20:46 »
Well.... open up for donations again, list or no list - do as you please Fluffy and the rest of the crew - what do we really need to get a boost to make us interesting enough to sell real advertisement?

I dont got a clue if we dropped after the forum crashed, we stood more as a UT2004 clan some while ago but noone is ever on (at least not the three or four times I tried to play on our oh-so popular server just half a year ago).
IF some of you fuckers still play UT2004 then I would say that you are obliged to support your clan by playing our server, ppl still remember LLS and like the server... but the few of us playin (not counting myselves) play on other se4rvers and it really blows... mainly because 'back then' all it took was for a couple of LLS'ers to join the server and they came pooring like rain into the servers.
I dont see Hell_brynger or Matrix, the two main promoters of UT2004 playing either so I guess we lost some popularity just because of that.

If we dont need or can afford the UT2004 servers, then fuck'em let the remaining dedicated LLS'ers spend what little we can afford on the main necesseties like VT (or excuse me TS  :P)

Promote other games? Change the site slightly so people recongnise the old LLS? imo we dont give LLS enough credit on this forum, dont get me wrong, I love it, it's about identity, why change something if it aint broken? LLS is like a brand name - it is what we make of it.

excuse me for babbling away, but I just came up with some ideas and suggestions or discussionmaterial, you choose...

And about google, cant we just tell them to put up some charity adverts? :P at least we'll show that we're not as crooked as they would like to think that we are.

Offline dios

• Regular
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 07:43:51 »
If anyone wants to donate they can via paypal five@lowlifescum.com www.paypal.com

I will also spend more time on the LLS servers tomorrow night can be FREON?
Lets arrange a day to invade the custom assault server. Aldso I now whne I go on any server withn minutes someone joins me.
So lets get it populated again and I promise I would lose it.

Maastrich should still have admin on the assault server I believe and if Hellybrynger promises to behave with it he can also have admin on the assault server. In fact any member of LLS can have admin on the custom assault server at this time. I will keep an eye on it and join so we can see how it goes.

Offline Killavirus

• Whinging Grandad
  • LLS Member
  • Regular
    • lionelbaden
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 09:25:23 »
hey maastrich
I understand where your comming from
but personally i have played ut2004 for so long and so annoyed at some of the maps on the custom assault.
  I tried to make some new maps went through a time of making a load of  bulldog maps, but nobody liked em that much and after that just couldnt really gather the enthusiasm.

If people would stop glitching on the assault server and it isnt a Ban Fest then yeah im more than happy enough to play
but scorpion race just for example people always glitch to first and second obj (even when on first round i have booted people on my team for doing it and we have done the entire map correctly) Then people go but its not glitching this map was designed like this ....
Bullshit !!!
 the map was not designed for shock scorpions so no it wasnt designed like that.

now after that little rant
   i still prefer assault to freon or any type of deathmatch but would prefer more of a team game like junkyard to be played but its always some spammy shite that always gets played, dont get me wrong i dont mind spammy maps i actually quite like them but just not ALways !

As for other games we play mainly L4d CSS TF2 and WOW, and then the odd throwoff comes every 4 - 6 months

Finally check the other theme out, you can select it above the shoutbox
No electrons were harmed in the sending of this post; however, many were very inconvenienced.
when we don't understand something, we bomb it. thats how we roll.

Offline Fuse

• LLS Member
  • Regular
  • Mr. Nobody
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:05:06 »
I just recently picked up some older games I have around the house that I used to play. Trying to see them in a new light and to not get turned off simply by the graphics has become quite a problem since Gears of War and Call of Duty 4. I'll see if I can join UT more frequently though. :D
Even I am eatable, but that my dear children is called cannibalism - Willy Wonka

Offline Earl_Vencar

• LLS Member
  • Regular
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 06:55:33 »
I try to start up the CAR server most evenings with some success and some failure, around about 5:30. However, the weekend is the best bet for a good amount of players to be on; Henry's usually on the CAR around about then and he seems to have some natural odour that lures players in  ;D

On the good side though, most of the idiots seem have left the scene because I haven't had an incidence to ban anyone for months  ;)
In an infinite universe not only is anything possible, but however improbable an event is likely to be, it is certain to occur at some place at some time

Offline Blue_Skunk

• "Deadly"
  • Administrator
  • Regular
  • 'Every day is drama day...'
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 09:44:58 »
Gears of War

I'd love to see us all on the custom assault again.. i should be on freon tonight tho ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:49:32 by Blue_Skunk »

Offline Fuse

• LLS Member
  • Regular
  • Mr. Nobody
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 17:42:54 »
Gears of War

Rofl! :o

I need to get caught up on the past few seasons of that show...
Even I am eatable, but that my dear children is called cannibalism - Willy Wonka

Offline Killavirus

• Whinging Grandad
  • LLS Member
  • Regular
    • lionelbaden
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 18:09:06 »
oh damn no aim juice for me tonight !!!
No electrons were harmed in the sending of this post; however, many were very inconvenienced.
when we don't understand something, we bomb it. thats how we roll.

Offline Lucifer

• Jimmie Rustler
  • Administrator
  • Regular
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2009, 02:10:03 »
Gears of War

Rofl! :o

I need to get caught up on the past few seasons of that show...

Just finished watching all of it, including the movies a couple of weeks ago. Going to grab south park next. Gives me something to do on the bus to work in the morning.

Offline Maastrich

• LLS Member
  • Regular
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 00:08:41 »
I had the pleasure of playing on an allmost full Assault server this evening :) great fun

Wotan was on, I joined in and poof suddenly the server started filling up with old regulars as well as newcomers (even Henry made his usual 15minutes appearance during the night hehe)

would be great to have an evening of invading the Assaultserver as we do with Freon

but... aint it time to remove the Santahat and santabag mutator? :P

Offline Lucifer

• Jimmie Rustler
  • Administrator
  • Regular
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 00:34:42 »
well google adsense says they have banned the site for five years if I attempt to display their adverts they will show charity adverts that don't earn money. I have been to ther advertising companies like adbrite but theuy have a different system wher people bid to advertise on your site and you share the value of the bide 70 them 30% us. but no one wants us because we arent busy enough.

If anyone has any ideas please do not be shy. Just to point out as well that Fluffy has control of this domain now.

Now I'm not sure exactly how SMF works so I don't know if this would work. Could we register Remainingmisfits.co.uk with google and have a block on the main LLS page that loads up a block hosted on other site? Dunno if that would pass the correct referral info so it would leave lowlifescum.com out of google's logs.

Any ideas on this?

Offline Lucifer

• Jimmie Rustler
  • Administrator
  • Regular
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 01:40:30 »

Offline dios

• Regular
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 11:11:42 »
Now I'm not sure exactly how SMF works so I don't know if this would work. Could we register Remainingmisfits.co.uk with google and have a block on the main LLS page that loads up a block hosted on other site? Dunno if that would pass the correct referral info so it would leave lowlifescum.com out of google's logs.

Any ideas on this?

You can't register a site with google and they refuse to display in results untill a site is 1 year old at least. if people search the site with google then it will help its rankng not sure what the point would be? Maybe you could have another stab at explaining for the old man.

Offline Lucifer

• Jimmie Rustler
  • Administrator
  • Regular
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 19:05:32 »
I wasn't meaning for search results. I was meaning for clickable ads. If lowlifescum.com is banned, maybe remainingmisfits could be used instead and you could get a block on the LLS home page to load a frame from remainingmisfits.

Then we could get cash from clicks.

Enterprise © Bloc